Emotions are neither good nor back. Thinking makes it so.
This great line that emotions are neither good nor bad was written by Shakespeare. The depth of this concept is realised when thinking fails us and we surrender to feeling alone. It is then that we realise that emotions by themselves are not harmful. In fact. Feeling our emotions in its purest of depths is truly liberating.
Emotions that are mistakenly considered as negative such as anger, hate, sadness, fear are often dealt with either by suppression, logical processing or over expression. Further still, emotions that are considered positive are sometime suppressed for the sake of politeness or over-encouraged by those aligned with positive psychology. In truth, whenever you alter what you actually feel, you end up with a fake interaction with both yourself and others.
Join the Academy for full length videos
• Explore the teachings in greater depth
• Find a sense of ease in your daily life
• Free yourself from the traps of the mind
• Find deep intimacy and connection with yourself and others
• Learn skills designed for challenging situations
• Discover the possibilities only you can imagine
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.